Wake Education Partnership plays a critical role in helping business leaders, elected officials and educators work toward the common goal of increasing student performance measured against world-class academic standards. Our Guiding Principles, summarized below, call upon us to:
- Promote Best Practices: The Partnership works to ensure all students meet or exceed academic standards required by the global business community. We perform comprehensive research to identify best practice and instructional innovation that enable students to excel academically. We then share that information with the community as a blueprint for success.
- Connect Resource Partners: The Partnership works with individuals and organizations that deliver funding and resources to support a world-class school system. We encourage our partners to work in ways that are complementary rather than competitive. When we learn of gaps in required resources, we work with our partners to create effective solutions.
- Engage Leaders: The Partnership works with business leaders, elected officials, educators and other non-profits who have the ability to improve our public schools and deliver a world-class education.
Our work in these areas can be seen in the following ways:
- Advocacy and research for systemic advancement toward world-class schools. More than a program, this area of work underpins everything we do at the Partnership.
- Teacher Leadership Grants funded by the business community that provide teachers an opportunity to try innovative ideas in the classroom with the potential to improve student achievement.
- An education news summary known as In Context, that provides reviews of current public education topics affecting our community twice each month.
- A partnership with the Wake County Public School System to help present Pieces of Gold and Gifts of Gold to celebrate the role of the arts in a balanced and rigorous education.
- Regular discussions with business leaders and community groups about a wide range of education topics. These efforts include formal presentations as well as informal gatherings of select business leaders who participate in our Executive Breakfast Series. The goal in either case is to inform and engage people.
We encourage you to explore this web site to learn more about our organization, including detailed descriptions of all programs contained in the Guiding Principles document.