Wake Education Partnership is an independent, non-profit formed in 1983 with the help of the local business community and the Wake County Public School System. It has focused on various projects through the years, but it has always been about finding the best ways to provide excellent public education for all students in every school.
The Partnership does not usually get involved in individual school issues unless an educational "best practice" has the potential to be replicated on a broader scale throughout the district. As a non-partisan organization, the Partnership does not get involved in party politics. That approach is reflected in the organization's formal Mission, Vision and Core Values outlined below, and in its Guiding Principles.
Through excellence in public education, Wake Education Partnership promotes the economic health of Wake County.
A world-class public school system that graduates all students with the skills they need to contribute to Wake County’s local and global needs.
Our Core Values:
- Every student deserves an excellent public education.
- Public education is fundamental to a strong local economy.
- Well-informed citizens help public schools succeed.
- Well-supported, well-trained professional educators are essential for a high-quality school system.
- Public schools remain relevant by growing and changing with the world.
- Excellent public schools sustain a democratic society.
- Diverse perspectives strengthen community support for education.
Wake Education Partnership's work is made possible each year by investments from corporations and individuals who understand that public education is central to a vibrant and healthy community. Contributions to the Annual Campaign for Public Education help the Partnership focus on systemic improvements for our schools that ultimately improve the achievement of all students.
Click here to invest in our public schools through Wake Education Partnership.